What to do when someone dies
Our caring and professional team of wills and probate solicitors in Liverpool can help guide you through what is often an extremely difficult time. When someone close to you dies, it’s often difficult to know what to do first. It can feel like there is an almost endless list of things to organise and take care of. By choosing our team of wills and probate solicitors, the legal matters surrounding someone’s death don’t need to overwhelm you. Our team is here to help so that you can focus on other matters.
Our team of wills and probate solicitors are here to help
Navigating your way through the legal and statutory obligations following someone’s death is often complex, confusing and stressful. Our wills and probate solicitors have all the experience and knowledge to make the experience as straightforward as possible. Having someone who can deal with all the legal and other practical matters can be invaluable and can help you plan for the future.
When someone dies, the following are just some of the things that need to be considered: :
- Completing an Inheritance Tax return
- Payment of Inheritance Tax (if necessary)
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate
- Collecting in the deceased‘s assets
- Paying all outstanding debts and funeral expenses
- Settling any gifts specified in the Will
- Selling property & shares
- Dealing with other tax issues (income tax, capital gains tax)
- Setting up trust funds (if required)
- Payment of the remaining Estate funds
Get in contact with our wills and probate team
We offer fixed fee packages for many of our services alongside our traditional fee system. We always work alongside our clients to find a solution that works best for you. To find out more about our friendly, professional legal services call us on 0151 668 0295 or use the enquiry form below. Our team is here to help you through this difficult time.