Unless you’re a financial expert, dealing with tax in relation to a deceased person’s estate can be incredibly complicated. It is an added pressure during what is already an emotionally challenging and stressful time and can involve many different aspects of tax including:
- Calculating initial inheritance tax liability and considering if it is possible to claim a partial refund.
- Making capital gains tax calculations.
- Liaising with the Revenue on the valuation of assets.
- Investigating and advising whether there is any advantageous tax saving possibilities.
- Completing income tax returns
- Ascertaining whether any transferable nil rate band is available and if so calculating it.
- Advising on the residence nil rate band and its availability
At Morecrofts, our specialist Private Client team have a wealth of experience in advising on and dealing with Tax Issues. Your expert lawyer will deal with you sensitively and professionally ensuring that all of the tax issues are dealt with efficiently giving you the peace of mind in knowing that everything is being taken care of.
To find out more or to speak to someone, call 0151 236 8871, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.