Appealing your child’s school placement
Each year almost a quarter of children in Merseyside miss out on their first choice school in the annual scramble for places. If there are good reasons why your child should attend a certain school and you are keen to contest this decision we can help you lodge an appeal and represent you before the appeals panel if required.
For Admissions Appeals we offer a fixed fee scheme as follows: –
For £400 plus VAT we:-
- Meet with you and advise you on the whole appeals process;
- We can tell you want action to take and what evidence you need to collect to support your appeal
- We will advise you on your prospects of success in order that you can make an informed decision on whether to proceed.
- We will back this up with advice in writing so that you have all the information available to think about it in your own time.
For £750 plus VAT – if you would like us to take further action, we:-
- Can assist you in preparing the appeal and gathering evidence.
- We can correspond with the School or the Local Authority for you.
- Prepare written Grounds of Appeal for you to submit and to rely upon at the hearing.
For £1,000 plus VAT If you would like us to represent you at the appeal, we:-
- Can attend with you and put your case to the Appeal Panel.
- Deal with any questions they raise.
- Questioning the Representative of the School or the Local Authority.
- Ensure that your case is presented in the most favourable way.
NB. There may be a charge for additional travel expenses if the hearing is not in the immediate Liverpool area.
For all three services we can offer a discounted rate of £2,000 plus VAT.
To find out more or to speak to someone, call 0151 236 8871, email email@example.com or use our contact form.