Court of Protection

If an /EPA has not been prepared and the proposed Donor no longer has the mental capacity to provide instructions then it is possible for someone to be appointed to act on their behalf as their “Deputy”. Such an application is made to the Court of Protection who oversees the actions of the Deputy.

Attorneys/Deputies have personal liability for any action they take on behalf of the incapacitated person.

At Morecrofts, our specialist Private Client team will be able to advise you and deal with all applications to the Court of Protection and registrations with the Office of the Public Guardian. Costs are to be paid by the person on behalf of whom such application is made.

We understand how worrying legal costs can be so we have a range of payment options available to suit your budget and needs. We offer fixed fee packages for many of our services alongside our traditional fee system and we will help you to decide which option is right for you.

To find out more about our first class legal services call us on 0151 2368871, email or use our enquiry form.

Was this article helpful?

Call: 0151 236 8871 Email: Call: 0151 236 8871