Buying a house
Buying a house can be a stressful time. Whether you are a first time buyer, an experienced purchaser or an investor, the process is intricate and can be complicated. With this in mind, it is essential that you seek assistance from an experienced legal professional.
Buying a house without the help of a qualified conveyancer is a big risk that can result in a multitude of legal problems. It is important to understand the various stages of buying a house along with the conveyancing process.
What are the stages of buying a house?
- Search for a property
- Arrange a viewing at the property of your choice. It is advised that you view the property a number of times and at different times of the day before making a decision whether to buy
- Make an offer
- The sale gets agreed (you will receive a Memorandum of Sale to confirm this)
- Find a conveyancing solicitor
- Commission a survey. Depending on the type of property you are buying, discuss the options on whether to have a Home Buyer’s Report or Full Structural Survey
- Complete your mortgage application
- Mortgage valuation (confirms that the property is worth the money you are lent by
the mortgage lender)
- The conveyancing process is carried out – see this page for information on the
- When all investigations have been completed you will sign the documents, agree on a
completion date and exchange contracts
- Completion takes place on the date agreed in the contract
How can our specialist Conveyancing Solicitors help?
When selecting a property to purchase, there are a multitude of key checks and legal work that must be carried out. We are able to provide advice and support whilst overseeing the conveyancing process for you.
Our team will make sure the seller actually owns the property and will examine the title to the property to ensure that it does not include any adverse conditions which might affect your enjoyment of the house. To ensure the transaction runs as efficiently as possible, we will liaise with the seller’s conveyancer to obtain as much information about the property as we can.
With the help of our expert team, the process of buying a house can run smoothly from start to finish. On the completion day, we will deal with all the necessary legal formalities to ensure that you are able to concentrate on the move and enjoy your new house.
Want to find out more?
At Morecrofts, we understand the issues and concerns that arise with the complexity of buying a house. We can assure you that our expert team of Conveyancing Solicitors are able to provide you with the assistance you need, providing you with support every step of the way.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us on 0151 236 8871, email
email@example.com or fill out our contact form.