Unless you’re a financial expert, dealing with tax in relation to a deceased person’s estate can be incredibly complicated. It is an added pressure during what is already an emotionally challenging and stressful time and can involve many different aspects of tax including:
- Calculating initial inheritance tax liability and considering if it is possible to claim a partial refund.
- Making capital gains tax calculations.
- Liaising with the Revenue on the valuation of assets.
- Investigating and advising whether there is any advantageous tax saving possibilities.
- Completing income tax returns
- Ascertaining whether any transferable nil rate band is available and if so calculating it.
At Morecrofts, our specialist Private Client team have a wealth of experience in advising on and dealing with Tax Issues. Your expert lawyer will deal with you sensitively and professionally ensuring that all of the tax issues are dealt with efficiently giving you the peace of mind in knowing that everything is being taken care of.
We understand how worrying legal costs can be so we have a range of payment options available to suit your budget and needs. We offer fixed fee packages for many of our services alongside our traditional fee system and we will help you to decide which option is right for you.
To find out more about our first class legal services call us on 0800 949 9123 or use the enquiry form.