When a relationship breaks down the arrangements that are made for the children can often cause a great deal of tension and stress for the parents.
At Morecrofts, our expert family team are aware of how difficult this process can be and we do everything we can to assist you in resolving these difficulties. We specialise in all areas of law relating to children and can assist you with:
- Residence – where the children should live.
- Contact – spending time with the parent he does not live with.
- Parental Responsibility – all the rights, responsibilities and duties that a parent has towards their children.
- Specific issues – issues relating to health, welfare, education, religious matters and any other issue concerning the upbringing of your child.
- Prohibited Steps – for those occasions when your child needs protection in respect of certain matters, e.g. removal from the jurisdiction of England and Wales.
At Morecrofts our specialist solicitors are child focused and try to encourage parents to resolve matters for the sake of their children; we are members of Resolution and we strongly advocate the use of mediation if at all possible.
If however we are unable to resolve matters we have a strong team of lawyers who can guide you through the whole process and deal with your case from start to finish through the court system.
We understand how worrying legal costs can be so have a range of payment options available to suit your budget and needs. We offer fixed fee packages alongside our traditional fee system and we work with you to decide which is best for you and your family. We will assess whether you are eligible for legal aid and, as we have a contract with the Legal Aid Agency, we can grant legal aid immediately if necessary.
To find out more about our first class legal services call us on 0800 949 9123 or use the enquiry form.