Child Financial Support

Following a breakup considering the financial provision for children can seem like a minefield.

Most parents who separate are aware that there is a Government Agency called the CSA (soon to be CMEC) who deal with child support payments. And in many cases once the CSA are involved you may not need any further advice or assistance, however, the CSA can make mistakes.

At Morecrofts our specialist team of family lawyers are able to assist you in any part of the CSA process, whether it is ensuring you have been assessed properly or whether it is helping you with an appeal or representation at court as a result of an enforcement application.

In addition to Child Support there may be some cases where the parents are separated and either their cases are not appropriate to be dealt with by the CSA or there is a home which is required for the child concerned. There may be other on-going financial needs for a child for example school fees. There are also cases where although the couple have not been married there needs to be ongoing financial support for the child. This can be in addition to the CSA paid in lump sums and/or property orders can also be considered.

If you have separated from your partner but there are children involved then you should always consider obtaining legal advice as to your rights responsibilities and financial obligations as a result of that relationship breakdown and this could potentially save you money in the long term.

We understand how worrying legal costs can be so have a range of payment options available to suit your budget and needs. We offer fixed fee packages alongside our traditional fee system and we work with you to decide which is best for you and your family. We will assess whether you are eligible for legal aid and, as we have a contract with the Legal Aid Agency, we can grant legal aid immediately if necessary.

To find out more about our first class legal services call us on 0800 949 9123 or use the enquiry form.